Microsoft 365 is the most popular of all major office productivity software. Because it is such a vast platform, it can be easy to miss helpful features.
Microsoft Office 365 is built for your business, giving you the power to work together and deliver great results. It has 48.8% of the global market share, just edging out Google’s apps by a couple of percentage points.
Whether you need to create a marketing plan, manage customer support issues, or simply keep track of expenses on your next business trip, Microsoft Office 365 is the suite for you. It’s used by millions of people, and it does everything you need at work.
Many of the features that are available in Microsoft 365 are unknown to users. We will show you some of the hidden gems in MS 365 and how they can help you save time, money and effort.
If you’re already using Office 365 and all its apps, why not try these seven tips?
- Skip the Menu Bar by Using Search to Find Functions
- Leverage the Free Stock Images, Icons & Videos
- Save Time by Using Data Types in Excel
- Save Time on Customer Surveys with Microsoft Form
- Use PPT’s Presenter Coach to Improve Your Skills
- Save Recurring Email Text in Outlook’s Quick Parts
- Create a Keyboard Shortcut to Paste as Unformatted Text
Want to get more value from your subscription? Rydal will run by some of the most helpful apps and features in Microsoft Office 365 that you may now know about.
1. Skip the Menu Bar by Using Search to Find Functions – Ms 365 Word
You know there is a way to do something in an app, but you can’t find it in the menu. For example, trying to change your margins in Microsoft’s 365 app Word to give you more space on the page.
Use the search box at the top of any page to quickly navigate your site and find what you’re looking for. You don’t have to click through one tab after another, and you can quickly search for your website’s settings like margins, page orientation, and most importantly it is completely free!
2. Leverage the Free Stock Images, Icons & Videos – Word, Excel. PowerPoint
If you work in a business, chances are you might need to find some nice business stock photos for your website or presentation. Finding these images can be tricky however, since they cost hundreds of pounds per stock picture. But what if there was an easy way to get all the free images for commercial use?
Some stock images are free to use commercially, and others are copyrighted. If you’re planning on using a stock photo commercially, make sure you have the right to do so. You need to have stock images that you can use commercially without any problems.
With Microsoft 365 apps like – Word, Excel, and PowerPoint you have a treasure trove of stock images. These are all free to use in your marketing, whether it be a photo slideshow or a logo. You also have videos, icons, and even 3D models on hand. With the right stock image at your fingertips, you can create your own unique brand identity.
3. Save Time by Using Data Types in – Excel
When you find yourself needing to research things like the population of a city or the nutrition value of a new menu, it can take days. Did you know that inside Excel Microsoft you have access to several databases? Through some simple steps, you will be able to access historical stock information, formulas and more in minutes.
Powerful Excel data types make it easy to generate, analyse and format data in seconds. And you can rely on Excel, meaning – you can leverage facts and figures stored inside Excel “data types.” They include topics on everything from chemistry to office chairs. Use data types to populate tons of data in seconds and free of charge for various topics.
- Start by adding your list (e.g., a list of menu items).
- Highlight your list.
- Then, click the Data tab.
- In the Data Types window, choose the type of data it is (e.g., Food, Plant,Office etc.).
- Next, click the small database icon that appears at the top of the list.
- Choose the type of data you want.
- The details will populate into the next open column on the right for each list item.
4. Save Time on Customer Surveys with Microsoft Form.
Microsoft Forms is one of the best-kept secrets for MS 365 administrators. It’s an incredible survey and form builder that makes it easy to create, send and get results from surveys and forms in the cloud. You can use it for any kind of purpose – anonymous feedback to every day office form or survey. When using MS Forms, with a simple click of a button, you can ask any question and get results as soon as they are submitted.
The reports can even be downloaded to Microsoft Excel or uploaded into a software template.
5. Use PPT’s Presenter Coach to Improve Your Skills – PowerPoint
Presentation skills are the key to success in the workplace. Presentation anxiety is often misunderstood and underrated, even if it’s virtual.
PowerPoint free Presenter Coach feature lets you practise your presentation. It gives you tips on your pacing, use of filler words (e.g., umm), repetitive language, best calming and anti- distraction PowerPoint templates and much more.
The “Rehearse with Coach” option is found on the Slide Show menu.
6. Save Recurring Email Text in Outlook’s Quick Parts – MS 365 Outlook
Are you tired of typing the same information into your emails? For example, it might be directions to your building or how to contact support. Using Email Outlook Quick Parts, you can save and insert blocks of text into emails. These blocks can include contact information, descriptions, and more. Just search for the one you want to use and click to insert it into text.
- Create an Outlook Quick Part by highlighting the text to save in an email.
- On the Insert menu, click Outlook Quick Parts.
- Save Outlook Quick Part.
- When ready to insert text into another email, just use the same menu. Then click to insert the Outlook Quick Part.
7. Create a Keyboard Shortcut to Paste as Unformatted Text – Word
One handy keyboard shortcut for Microsoft Word is to paste as text only. This method removes any formatting that copied text might have had so your MS Word document isn’t messed up.
Here’s how to make a keyboard shortcut for this:
- In Word, click File > Options.
- Click Customise Ribbon.
- At the bottom of the panel, next to Keyboard shortcuts, click Customise.
- Scroll in the left pane to All Commands.
- Look for “PasteTextOnly”.
- Type your keyboard command, then click Assign.
With so many features, the productivity apps featured in Microsoft Office 365 are perfect for you and your business. If you would like to know more, get in contact with our team by calling 01733 511116 and we will be more then happy to answer all your questions![ninja_form id=17]